** UPDATED MAY 26, 2018 **
If you are reading this post, you are well aware that Wyoming is planning to allow the trophy hunting of 24 treasured grizzly bears this fall. You are likely broken hearted, consumed with rage, overcome with sadness. Here is one thing you are not. Powerless. Even if you live outside of Wyoming or even outside of the United States you can still wield incredible power to stop this grisly hunt. We recommend you do these actions at least once or twice a week. Here's how:
1) Let Governor Mead know that you will NOT spend our tourism dollars in a state that will host a grizzly bear trophy hunt. Here's how to contact him on Facebook, Twitter, email, and phone.
2) Let the Wyoming Office of Tourism know that you will vacation elsewhere unless and until the hunt is canceled. Here's how to contact them on Facebook, Twitter, email and phone.
3) Contact gateway community Cody, Wyoming and ask that they follow in the steps of Jackson Hole, Wyoming and demand a buffer zone. Here is the email and phone contact info as well as a script.
4) Change your profile picture on social media to make more people aware of the hunt. So many people love America's grizzly bears but do not realize that, this fall, once a bear leaves Yellowstone or Grand Teton National Park, they could be shot and killed by a trophy hunter.
5) Amplify information about the hunt on social media. Please make sure to engage with our group and page on Facebook. The more you like, share and comment, the more Facebook will show our posts to others. Also, the more you share or invite others to join our group or like our page, the more we can raise awareness. Please retweet us on Twitter and re-gram us on Instagram. Please do the same with our non-profit partners. Grizzly Times, Wyoming Wildlife Advocates, Center for Biological Diversity, Sierra Club, Western Environmental Law Center and many others are actively sharing articles and information regarding the hunt. Look for the hashtag #NoGrizHunt.
6) Sign and share the following petitions:
Endangered Species Coalition
Western Environmental Law Center
Defenders of Wildlife
7) Demand that Yellowstone National Park speak out against the Wyoming and Idaho trophy hunts. Here is how.
8) Consider submitting comments to the Wildlife Forum. Information HERE.
9) Tweet for Yellowstone's grizzly bears. HERE is the tweet sheet.
10) 73 Scientists Have Opposed the Wyoming Trophy Hunt. Share their letter on social media. The letter is HERE.
11) Write a personalized letter to the Governors of Wyoming and Idaho. Instructions and talking points HERE.
12) 107 wildlife photographers have signed a letter, asking the Governor of Wyoming to call off the hunt. Share their letter. HERE it is.